Happy Earth Day everyone! It’s been a little while since my last post, but today just so happens to be a special occasion… Not only is it Earth Day but it just so happens to also be my BIRTHDAY!! (WOOOOOOO) I just got back from a much-needed relaxing week with my family in the Florida Keys, so its safe to say I’ve had a wonderful birth week (I’ll take whatever excuse I can get to vacation)!
This year is the big 2-0 for me (hence the title). I know a lot of people think that 20 doesn’t have much significance, because everyone focuses on the year that follows also known as 21, however, for me turning 20 is a really big deal! All I can think is I’m officially no longer a teenager, which means I’m officially an adult (insert scary horror movie music). Now I know what your thinking, how dramatic of me, but seriously, it’s a little nerve wrecking. Twenty means I’ve finally entered adulthood which ultimately means a lot of adult-like decisions are coming my way and fast! It’s not all scary though. All in all, I feel thankful to be 20 years of age. Aging can be a little intimidating at times but it’s also a blessing in disguise. I’m sure we can all vouch for the saying the older the wiser.
Each year I get older the more perspective I gain on things I never even considered before. I’ve decided, in my twenties, I’m going to live my life to the fullest (even if it’s a bit scary), spread more kindness (it makes the world go round), and love myself more.
In honor of turning 20 on I thought I would share 20 “fun facts” about myself that you may or may not already know! And in honor of Earth Day I’m sharing a few photos I took this past week in Key Largo, Florida!
1. I’m a morning person
2. I really really want roller blading to come back into style
3. I love ketchup on my potato chips, and fries on my burgers
4. If you haven’t noticed yet I’m an awful speller
5.I have a terrible fear of spiders (I don’t even use the word- we call them “s’s”
6. Watching people dance brings me so much joy because people who dance uncontrollably could careless what others think of them!
7.With that being said I’m a horrible dancer, so that’s another reason to be envious of people who can dance well
8. I tore my ACL my senior year of High School while playing soccer just a few days before our first playoff game
9. I have consistently clammy hands (lol)
10. My ankles make a cracking noise when I walk
11. I hate football! (my unpopular opinion, I know- I just don’t have the attention span for it)
12. My first job was working as a cashier at Domino’s pizza. I’m pretty sure I gained weight that year because we got a killer discount and who doesn’t love pizza?!
13. My zodiac sign is a Taurus. The description matches my personality perfectly!
14. I don’t really care for hamburgers unless they are from McDonald’s (another weird one I know-I promise I’m not a picky eater! I actually like most foods)
15. I am the middle child of 3 girls
16. I eat chocolate chip Pillsbury cookies almost every night. I’ve never had a sweet tooth until the last year!
17. My birthday is on Earth Day and Earth Day is on my birthday! (now read that again but sing it this time!) I made that song up when I was young. Lame? Or creative? I’mma go with both on that one!
18.Happy Feet is one of my favorite movies
19.I hate scary movies but love sour candy!
20.One of the last times I went scuba diving I got stung by a jelly fish (like squishy on Finding Nemo) and my sister got stung by fire coral!
That’s All! I hope y’all found those “fun facts” somewhat interesting or at least a little funny!